Post 16 Travel

Kent County Council has recently announced the arrangements for the 16+ Travel Card for 2017/18. The cost of the card will be £400, however we are pleased to be able to offer a subsidy of £50 that will cut the overall price to £350 for all Homewood School Post 16 students.

The card will allow the holder unlimited bus travel in Kent (and on direct bus services crossing the county boundary e.g. to Medway and East Sussex) at any time including evenings, weekends and holidays. To find out if you are eligible for a Kent 16+ Travel Card and for further information, go to

We advise you to check directly with your coach company that they accept the travel card and in areas where it is necessary to travel on a KCC private hire minibus you will need to apply directly to KCC.

From June 2017, applications (BUT NOT PAYMENTS) for 2017/18 Kent 16+ Travel Passes should be made directly to KCC Public Transport on-line at  You will need to apply by 14 July 2017 for your pass to be ready on the first day of term.  Passes will not be issued until a payment has been received.

You will also be able to apply directly in the post sending an application form and passport photograph to: Kent 16+ Travel Card, Kent County Council, PO Box 441, AYLESFORD, Kent, ME6 9HJ.

We strongly recommend that you apply for the 16+ Travel Pass by the 14 July 2017 even if you are unsure that you will be attending Homewood Sixth Form.  In the event that you decide not to come here, we can either return the card for a refund or you can pay the full amount of £400 and we will issue you the card.

Payment for the card must be made to Homewood School & Sixth Form Centre.  We have therefore enclosed a Payment Option Sheet which details the different methods available for payment of the 16+ Travel Pass.  Please return this together with your payment to the Sixth Form Office as soon as possible.

Student Bursary Fund

If you believe you are eligible to receive financial support to help towards the cost of the 16+ Travel Pass, you can apply for a Student Bursary (an application form is enclosed).   

If you wish to discuss any of the above please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Oven on extension 329 or via email at