As you are aware, Homewood School Uniform is compulsory for all students in Years 7-11. We believe that School uniform plays a vital role in contributing to the ethos of the school and in setting an appropriate tone; this is something that is strongly encouraged by The Department of Education. As a school, we also believe that school uniform:
- ensures that students do not feel pressured into buying expensive or fashionable clothes
- reduces competition amongst students
- gives the student body an identity
- allows students to feel proud to belong to Homewood School
I am saddened to say that some students are presently not abiding by our School Uniform Policy. I am most concerned as this is contrary to the Home School Agreement agreed by parents and students upon admission to the school. The school uniform is listed below:
- White polo shirt with Homewood School logo
- Black and royal blue jumper or cardigan with Homewood School logo (optional if wearing School Blazer)
- Black blazer with School logo and College badge (please note that blazers must be worn when students return to school after the summer break)
- Smart, black, knee-length tailored skirt (no more than 5 or 6 cm above the knee) or black tailored trousers
- Plain black / skin colour tights or black socks
- Plain black or navy coat
- Smart black leather shoes or black leather ankle boots (to be worn underneath trousers only)
- One small pair of stud earrings
We expect all students to take pride in their uniform and dress smartly for school and would ask for you to support us with this.
From 30th August, Form Tutors will be checking their tutees’ uniform. If students are not dressed in correct school uniform then they may not be allowed to attend their normal lessons. This arrangement will remain in place until the issue has been rectified.
If there any financial concerns, please contact the college office to discuss the issue. For your information the school shop is open:
- the week commencing the 24th July - 8.30am - 4.30pm (lunch 12pm – 1pm)
- the week commencing the 14th August - 8.30am - 4.30pm (lunch 12pm – 1pm)
- the week commencing the 21st August - 8.30am - 4.30pm (lunch 12pm – 1pm)
The direct extension number for the school shop should you wish to contact them is 207. Orders can also be made online (see the school website- parents).
We would very much appreciate your support in ensuring that your son/daughter arrives at school in full school uniform next term. To assist you in ensuring that your son/daughter has the correct uniform the table below includes examples of items of clothing which are NOT allowed to be worn in school:
Please look out for my separate end of term letter which will include some reflections on a very successful year and offer you some reminders for the year ahead. This will be on the website by the end of the week.
S J Lees