Did you know...
Just registering your child for free school meals means that the school gets extra money, not just for the provision of a healthy cooked meal but some could be used to support your students in the following ways:
- Applied Learning Uniform costs
- School trips
- Music lessons
- Plus all sorts of other educational costs
It also leads to a 50% reduction on the cost of the Kent Freedom Pass.
This is totally confidential between yourself and the school - your child's friends will not be aware of their entitlement.
Your child does not have to take up the free meal option for the funding to be made available, you just have to register.
Registering is quick and easy – if you think you qualify please contact your child’s College Office at the school.
Do You Qualify?
You can register your child for free school meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an Annual income (as assessed by HMRC) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Students can also register for free school meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.
Click here to apply online today and find out more information about free school meals from the Kent County Council web site.
Once you have completed your Free School Meal application, you have two options
- Post your application to the address at the bottom of the form,
- Pop it into our Student Reception (located in G Block - be sure to sign in at main reception first), and we will fax the application directly to Kent County Council for you. This will save you the postage fee and may speed up the process for you as well!
We are here to help, so don't delay, apply today!