Overdrive is Homewood School’s e-reading platform which is available to all students.
- Open the Overdrive app
- Press ‘I am under 13 years old’
- Press ‘add a new library’
- Search for Homewood School & Sixth Form Centre
- Once you have selected Homewood School you should see a page of book covers
- Press ‘sign in’ in the top right corner
- It will ask for your Library Card Number – this is the same login that you use to get on the computers but without the ‘p’.
- If you can’t remember your login then come out of Overdrive and go into your iPad settings, then ‘general’, then ‘about’ and your login will be there.
- You should now be logged in
- Press ‘my account’ in the top right corner and then ‘settings’. On the settings page you can change how long you can borrow the books for and change the font to dyslexia friendly if you need to.
- Press ‘collections’ and ‘new to collection’. From here you can choose a book – if the book has already been loaned out you will be able to reserve it.
- You can also search for a particular book or author in the bar at the top.
- Once you have chosen a book and downloaded it you then need to press ‘Add to app’. Once it has finished loading you need to press the menu icon in the top left corner and press ‘Bookshelf’. You will then be able to read your book.
Ask a librarian if you have any questions!